Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's Dancers



Two Dancers traveling to Australia this summer are middle-schoolers, Leah and Mackenzie. Nutcracker '09 audiences saw these two dance together as Drosselmeyer's doll and toy soldier in the Party Scene. Both dance ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, musical theater and hip hop. Leah's favorite style of dance is Hip Hop. Mackenzie's is "either lyrical or musical theater". Outside of 'Dance' these two like to hangout with friends. Leah is looking forward to performing and shopping in Australia this summer. When asked what she would be bringing, she answered "Definitely my journal and my camera!" Leah hosted an aussie dancer in December,as did Mackenzie, who hosted two sisters. Mackenzie is looking forward to seeing the Sydney Opera House and will be bringing a birthday present for her host family sister.
What would you most like people to know about you? Leah: 'I'm really looking forward to Australia since this is my 11th year dancing and I'm finally getting to travel with the studio."
Mackenzie: "I looooove the arts. I play several instruments, dance and have an ok singing voice. I also like acting!"
What will they miss? Both answered, their dogs! (oh yeah, family & friends too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment